Assoc. Curator, Visual Resources Library, The Ohio State University, Dept. of History of Art, 2005-present
Built in-house by our small Visual Resources team (within the department of History of Art) and used by the entire OSU community (faculty, students and staff), this database functions as an image repository and teaching tool.
This is my day job:
• Works closely with artist Ann Hamilton and her studio staff to digitize her lifelong work into an archive accessible by the OSU community as well as a worldwide audience.
• Designed the front-end of the VRL image database, collaborating with Curator and Programmer to design streamlined and enhanced database features and teaching tools.
• Administration of daily VRL operations: patron orientation and reference, acquisitions, cataloging, circulation, collection development, analog and digital image production, image cleaning and color-correcting, data writing and editing, implementation of metadata standards and long-term strategic planning, web uploads.
• Processes new image requests for both the analog and digital collections, which entails work orders, copystand photography (when the request is for the creation of slides) and scanning (when the request is for the creation of digital images from books or other paper ephemera).
• Responsible for the design of any VRL brochures and collateral.